SOCIAL TUTOR FOR THE SOCIAL ONLINE LEARNING NETWORK: LEARNING.SOCIAL
If you are interested to join our tutor's community, and you think you fit the following job description, send us your CV to this address firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Learning.Social Tutor
- To academically support Learning.Social learners by answering their questions, monitoring chatter and keeping them in the know.
- To respond in a timely and genuine manner to all library and forum discussions.
- To create comments and answers designed to generate conversations.
- To assist in building the social online learning community of Learning.Social by supporting the overall goal of learner acquisition, education/awareness.
- To answer all library discussions in a timely manner.
- To guide the learners on Learning.Social and share subject-related Learning.Social material.
- To actively monitor, support and follow up on the learners within the “course”.
- To work closely with learners to upgrade/design new content for Learning.Social.
- To design discussion question activities and implement them as part of the forum discussions.
- To coordinate the appropriate placement of online lessons into different curricula.
- To coordinate, with other online tutors, the answers and discussions on Learning.Social.
- To ensure clarity, organization, accuracy, style, and quality of online discussions.
- To create frequent forum/ discussion boards to drive engagement.
- To build a strong, brand-appropriate voice in social channels that serves enhancement of the Learning.Social goals.
- To build on the influence of the online users of Learning.Social to help us expand Learning.Social social footprint and influence.
- To liaise with other online tutors and curriculum providers as required.
- To monitor and keep the discussions within the set limit of Social Learning.
- To understand and apply the principles of writing solid online content such as using the most valuable keywords as the beginning of the post, keeping replies short and clear
- To keep communication effective, active, decisive and consistent
- To facilitate the online learner learning process.
- To respect all questions or responses offered by learners, no matter how basic.
- To maintain productivity by preventing irrelevant arguing and repetition.
- To keep the discussion on topic.
- Tutors will receive induction training to bring all new tutors up to speed and expectations.
- Tutors will receive continuous training and guidance, taking into consideration feedback from quality checks, learners’ and tutors’ feedback, as well as performance reports.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of relevant teaching experience in the subject.
- Acceptable command of social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Resourceful with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate / accessible and organized documentation.
- Flexible timing.
- Positive attitude towards people.
- Arabic Language is a plus.
- A tutor will be paid the full online hour remunerations agreed upon, once he/she fulfils the following minimum requirements:
- Be available online for the full hour (Logged In)
Performs minimum 10 different contributions during this hour. Such contributions should be valuable answers, comments, discussion points, that will answer learners’ inquiries, clarify any ambiguities they had, and trigger their curiosity and thinking.
- At the beginning, tutors who fulfill the above two requirements, quantitatively, shall be fully remunerated. As learning progresses, minimum qualitative requirements shall be put in place for the tutor’s contributions to be considered valid.
Key Performance Indicators, KPIs:
Qualitative criteria for evaluation of the tutor’s performance include:
- Frequency and quality of contributions: comments, discussions and answers
- Influencer score or volume of traffic and social gestures (shares, likes, and comments) related to the candidate’s social tutoring activity. The more engagement, interaction and action the tutor inspires with the content he/she creates, the greater his/her influence.
- Size of the Social buzz generated at Learning.Social and other online social events (webinars…)